- I can't get enough of turkey sandwiches, you know, one of those things sworn off to me as a pregnant lady. I don't deny myself of their goodness, but honestly, I could eat them lunch and dinner, daily.
- I made some fantastic pumpkin banana bread muffins last week when the air took just a little chill. I followed this recipe, although very loosely, as:
a). I forgot greek yogurt and subbed strawberry banana yogurt
b). I only had 5 bananas
c). I only had 2 tsps of vanilla
d). I don't have a bread tin, so I improvised with muffins
e). I didn't time them, because well, the recipe didn't offer timing for muffins, just bread.
Somehow, even with all of the above going on, I must say they were truly yummy.
- Apparently I'm shallow enough to have a preferred side to photograph. I really hate the 12 week picture, because my part is on the other side. I feel like my face looks really weird . . . I've never had a reaction like that!
- My part is on the other side, because I haven't had my hair done since June 7th! The roots are out of control my friends! I can't believe it's been 4 months. Honestly, the beginning of summer feels like it was an entirely different year, so I can't believe it. You can kind of see it here, but it's so much worse with my hair pulled back, not to mention this was taken already a week ago.
- Last week when Ezra was home sick, while I worked from home, he had the run of the place without his big brother. It didn't take very long until he was bored and you could really tell he missed his "Ayyye!" So what did he do? He found his big brother's John Deere t-shirt and was absolutely adamant that I put it on him, even though it was 4 times too big. He was clearly pleased!
- Let's talk about how big of a disaster on paper that this photo shoot was going to be.
First of all, Tuesday night I ran to both JoAnns and Michael's to find a craft #5, which I was certain I'd seen previously. Too bad I totally made it up, as they both only carry letters, and I improvised by hand cutting the #5 out of cork. Wednesday morning both Isaac and Ezra woke up sick. Isaac was the crabbiest he's been in months and was screaming when I came to pick him up from my Mom's, because he thought he was spending the night there . . . but instead was spending the night two days later. You can imagine how well it went trying to reason that it was Wednesday and not Friday. He was less than happy to see me and you can bet it only went downhill when he learned we were going to take pictures. Ezra's nose was like a faucet and would.not.stop.running.
Then we were in rush hour for over an hour and 30 minutes late to Gina's. We were supposed to get there at 5:30 and showed up, still needing to get everyone dressed at 6:00pm. Yes, my fellow photogs, 6:00pm. Gina was squeezing us in before her Bible Study at her house, so not only did we only have about 20 minutes of daylight, people were going to start arriving as well! So, as we start dressing, I realize that I completely forgot jeans for Isaac, thus the green gym shorts. They were not intentional. On top of that, since it's been so cool in the mornings, I didn't think to tell Tony to wear jeans, but he ended up wearing shorts. Not a huge deal, but since I was wearing a skirt, it'd look a little odd, so he ended up borrowing a pair of jeans from Gina's husband Matt, which were a little too tight. That wasn't the only thing too tight however, as Tony slipped on the shirt I grabbed him at Target, we too late found out that it was a size S on a size L hanger! And to top it all off, Tony hadn't shaved in over a week. Just as we started shooting, Ezra grabbed a hold of my homemade #5 and ripped the bottom part right off.
Are you following me? Recipe for an outstanding disaster . . . and yet, in only the magic of Gina and God's grace, the boys were in amazing moods and I could not have imagined better pictures! And that picture where I'm holding out the #5, I'm really holding the top and bottom together in my hand. What a story!