Last weekend, as we traveled the same [albeit updated] roads that connected Tony and I while we dated long distance through the last 1 1/2 years of college, I couldn't help but reflect. Isn't that the result of all road trips? And while I had the head knowledge that my 10 year high school class reunion was taking place this year, it darn well took my breath away in amazement to recognize that it has been ten years since I first started college.
Ten years since I:
- Gathered my precious belongings and packed up my black Saturn SC2 coupe.
- Was freaked out that I couldn't complete my soccer team's time trial [1 3/4 miles in 13 min 30 sec]
- Finished my time trial and surprised myself!
- Said goodbye to my family and high school love.
- Went grocery shopping by myself, for myself!
- Broke up with my high school love.
- Began a string of decisions I knew would hurt myself.
To say that I'm a different person than the girl who started college 10 years ago, is a horrible understatement, but I still can't believe, it's been 10 years.
Thank you God!