Ezra John's Arrival [part 1]

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Do you ever have so much to say, so much to explain, so much to catch up on that you just don't know where to start?

The most logical beginning is to fill in what happened between Friday and Monday's posts, but I can only write up to the birth story. See the thing is, Gina made it, and I have the most important pictures ever taken of my family to this date to share.

I knew it was ridiculous, but I was intent on recreating the labor conditions that occurred over the weekend before Isaac was born. You can imagine how disappointed I was to come home to stress. Tony mowed the lawn and I went grocery shopping with Isaac. After dinner we went turned our attention to laundry and tidying the ever increasing baby items for Baby Love. There was no leisurely walk and definitely no trip to Dairy Queen.

Saturday morning, I woke up in a much better mood. Tony and I made a great breakfast of eggs with spinach and green onions, diced potatoes, sausage links and pancakes. My plans for the day were to go shopping with my Mom at the same mall we purchased Isaac's coming home outfit at Macy's and then enjoy a turkey burger at Ruby Tuesday. Isaac went down a little early for his nap and I decided to take on one last project, pictured in this post, while I waited for my Mom.

Unfortunately, I got very frustrated while we went shopping. Macy's was a complete bust and I hadn't had a single contraction. I knew it was stupid, but I really was hoping that my completely illogical reproduction of Isaac's labor conditions would start something. We kept on searching though and I got to the point where I called Tony to tell him that if we made it to Ruby Tuesday that they would tell me they were out of turkey burgers, just because nothing seemed to be going right! Finally, finally we hit jackpot at JcPenny's, specifically their clearance.

And I found it.

I was so excited by what we all found. And just done shopping, so next we went to Ruby Tuesday, where I had a great conversation with my Mom. In just a few hours, I went from irrationally being upset about lack of contractions to completely okay. We were going to have friends over that evening for a bonfire, so my Mom and I headed home.

Isaac was attacked Friday night by mosquitos, and one was already scratched open, so I resorted to a bandaid. It didn't slow him down from enjoying guacamole.

I love this picture because it seems like Isaac wants to be a part of the conversation.

Aaron of course manned the fire.

With Isaac taking note.

It was so relaxing to just enjoy a bonfire with a few of our close friends, although not pictured Steve, Dan, Hilary and Jon.

Again, I'd given up on my ridiculous idea to induce labor by somehow creating the same conditions as Isaac, so after putting Isaac down instead of being lame like normal, I retuned to the bonfire and stayed out. We ended up having a hilarious conversation and I made peace with the fact that I would not be repeating a 39w baby.

And although Isaac went down really easily, for the first time in the past year or more, he woke up at 3:30am and continued to toss and turn and talk. He asked twice to go down to the crib, which I obliged, but he would scream and cry as soon as I put him in, so back upstairs we went. I was beyond exhausted and grew very frustrated!

Final weekly photo at 39w.

You can imagine my response when I woke up at 8:00am to contractions. I was less than thrilled because of my lack of sleep, but told Tony that we would not be going to church and instead tried to maximize on sleeping, which included Isaac sleeping in with us until 10:00am. That completely screwed up his schedule, so when we later went to my Dad's with my contractions continuing, I basically threw up my hands when Isaac refused to nap. How were we to know that his sleep schedule would perfectly align to meet his baby brother?

My contractions remained consistent throughout the day and although Baby Love and I weren't breaking any speed records, they grew closer and closer together. When we left my Dad's at 4:30pm they were 7-10 minutes apart. We finally were able to lay Isaac down at 5:00pm and while I knew there would be hell to pay if I were wrong, I felt confident we'd be heading to the hospital that night. I laid down while Isaac napped, and was able to sleep between contractions which were now 6-8 minutes apart.

Here's the part that still amazes me, Tony went to play his 2 Sunday night softball games. To be fair, he was only 4 blocks from our house, but I bit his head off earlier in the day when he even suggested that he could go that evening. As it ended up there was no reason for him not to go! After putting Gina on high alert early in the morning, she made her way up to our house after I reassured her she wasn't interupting family time.

[to be continued . . . ]


Jeannie said...

:) Can't wait to hear the rest!

Meredith said...

I'm looking forward to the rest of the birth story, and the beautiful photos...I could look at them all day long!

Firehouse mama said...

I can't wait to hear the rest, I've been on pins and needles waiting on this. Seriously! So EXCITING!!

Megan said...

Ummmm, I hope part 2 is coming quickly because I'm now going to be stalking your blog waiting for it to be posted. ;)


Noe said...

So, ready to post the rest of the story? Can not wait...
will I be able to sleep tonight? ... oh no, wait, I'm not the one who just had a baby! LOL.

Still though, we are here waiting for you ;)

Mrs. Lukie said...

Can't wait for Part 2!

And...I think I'm all outta tears for this week because I've cried them all looking at the gorgeous pics Gina took ;)

Molly said...

Everybody chant! We want part 2, Part 2, Part 2!

Just kidding. I know very well what a hectic time it is adjusting to two boys. But I can't wait for the rest, Leah. Those photos are going to make me bawl. Again.

themurrayfamily said...

ha ha ha! Love your story so far! The eve of baby #1... my husband was with buddies down the street playing poker. He didn't have his phone with him and it was snowing. :). Glad little Ezra is here! Love the name!

Katie said...

How exciting, Leah! I can't wait for part 2! Such an adorable family!

Julie S. said...

I can't wait to see the photos again.

Sarah Louise said...

Can't wait for part two!!!

Jen said...

Congrats on the new arrival!!!

Steve Hicks said...

Such a nice article. I just loved reading your article. Thank you for sharing the post. If you want to go on baby shower function and gift something on that, then you can gift newborn twin outfits. For that you can check the information and clothes to gift on website twinstuff.


Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger